Thursday, April 22, 2010

Life is good

...and it's getting better everyday. this picture was taken a few days ago when i went down to see my little boy. it's been a long eight months living 5 hours away from noah. it was necessary for me to walk thru this desert to find my forgiveness. i've been praying for God's forgiveness but what i had trouble with was my forgiveness. the other day i was listening to one of my favorite song groups (casting crowns) singing "east to west" and it reminded me that God's forgiveness is so divine that it is as though we have never sinned. it feels good to be able to believe myself when i say I am a good man, i am a good father, i am a christian, i am forgiven and i feel clean again.

God is sovereign which means he is in control. In John chapter 11 there's a story about lazarus getting sick and dying. Jesus purposely delayed his arrival until lazarus died. sometimes when we are in distress we want Jesus to hurry up when at times He will purposely delay His coming until things get worse. Martha said in John 11:21 "Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died..." and Jesus replied, "Thy brother shall rise again". Martha then said, "I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day" she said I know, signifying that she felt confident that she knew the scriptures.  Jesus said, "I am the resurrection"... in other words, He was asking, I know you know what the scriptures say, but do you know me? It didn't sound right for Jesus to say he was glad to not have been there when Lazarus died but He had a greater purpose for His delay. and that was to prove His sovereignty even when we think He should do otherwise.

Thank you God for loving me ;-)