Monday, October 4, 2010

When God is in View

when God is in view, nothing else really matters. Peter saw Jesus and even though he was in the midst of a raging storm, he walked on water. as long as he kept Jesus in view, he was above the water. i can't see my future but God is in view and i've known God for a long time. i am completely satisfied in His care. He has a perfect record and has never made a bad decision. i know He plans to bless me and those that i care about. so i am looking up and looking ahead to whatever He has for me.

a friend of mine told the story about a cartoon clipping he saw. in the first picture was an egg beginning to hatch. the next picture, the little chick had pecked his way out of the shell and stretching his legs. the next picture showed the little chick in the midst of chaos. the next couple of pictures showed him looking to the right and then to the left, before crawling back inside the empty shell and closing in where he had pecked his way out. the moral of this story is that there was one place the little chick failed to look and that was up. when we look up, that is where we will always find our help. Psalm 121:1

God has always loved me and in His Divine mercies He has always surrounded me with people that love me. I am grateful to be where I am. I am thankful for what I have been given. I am hopeful for what the next few months will bring because my heart has been stirred with God's never failing promises.