Thursday, March 31, 2011

She said YES!

whew!!! what a thrill to be carrying that ring in my pocket waiting for the right moment. i went down to see terrie and noah last week with an intent to propose. i've been walking with God for sometime now and have immersed myself in His Word. He promised to give me the desires of my heart if I would be obedient. well... i can't stop smiling and it feels great to take another step forward.

we love going to the beach and noah loves playing in the sand and seeing the water. the seagulls were awesome, they looked like little penguins and Noah had the best time chasing them. me and noah built sand castles while terrie picked up seashells.

then the moment presented itself... while noah was chasing some seagulls, terrie and i were sitting on our knees in the sand enjoying the beauty and wonder of our handsome little Noah. i slipped my hand in my pocket and pulled out the ringbox as she turned back to look at me.. i looked into her beautiful green eyes and said, God sure has brought us a long way... He's made me a better man and i want to be with you and love you and stand beside you. then after a deep breath and a quite pause, i opened the ringbox and said, will you marry me?

the next two or three minutes felt like an eternity until i heard her say in her gentle voice, yes! it was a perfect fit as i placed the ring on her finger... the sound of the waves and the wind was like a symphony playing in the background with a tiny voice of laughter from our little Noah playing in the distance.

Noah came up to us and Terrie asked Noah, do you think i should marry your daddy? ...he said, Uh huh...