Sunday, December 12, 2010

knowing what you want

one day unexpectedly, i met someone which sparked a fire inside of me that was uncontrollable. this fire began to rage and came at a time in my life that would bring certain destruction to my way of life. it would force me down a path that would later seem like a bad dream and it would cause me to feel disconnected from everything i've ever known. if i could have only kept my eyes on the Lord.

happiness doesn't come from a job or even a career, it doesn't come from a relationship with a woman or a man but true happiness only comes from a right relationship with God. it's happens when we cultivate a right relationship with our Heavenly Father, the One who is fairer than 10,000 to my soul, the Rose of Sharon, the Lilly of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star. that's when we will be happy. when we are happy, then others will be able to be happy when they are around us. i love making other people happy and that piece of me has been broken now for a long time.

i used to encourage others and serve as a shining a light for others to see their way out of dark places. but for sometime now i've been struggling to see anything and i've had to rely on the generousity of others to help encourage me and show me the way. i told God today that i was confused about my life and He asked me, "what do you want"? i told him that i wanted to be a good husband and a good father...

My heavenly father desires to give me things better than i can imagine. i don't know how my life can get better but that's not my job. i've only got in His way. He's been waiting for me to exhaust all means and turn my life completely over to Him.

well... i've decided that i'm thru gettin in His way.