Friday, June 24, 2011

Life is moving fast...

there have been times in the past when it seems like time stood still, it seemed like i would never get out of the rut my life fell into, but then God says, "let me show you what I can do". almost overnight, my life has been launched into a fast-paced, edge-of-your-seat series of events that makes each day go by so fast.

i wake up every morning about 10 minutes before my phone alarm goes off. i have two alarms set on my phone, one at 6am and another at 7am, but my goal is to never have to hear them. i turn off my 6am alarm before it goes off, then i gradually wake up and get up before 7am and turn that one off too.

i pick up something to eat on my way to work and usually get to the office around 7:30 or 7:45. i like getting there early and opening up my office and the websuite office where the graduate students work which is next door to my office.

i get started by checking my email, then our helpdesk work orders. for the past couple of days i've converting videos into podcasts. a couple of projects i'm currently working on: converting a couple of vhs videos to streaming video/digital format video which will start out as a wmv file. then i'll convert the wmv file to a w4v file before finally creating a podcast. i also have another project where the instructor has a video and also some powerpoint slides that i'll merge together so that you can see the video of the instructor while at the same time your watching the powerpoint slides. that's called pip, picture in picture.

miss eating in the dining hall at WinShape, and i think about it everyday that i find myself making choices what i'm gonna eat for lunch. yesterday, i got a barbeque sandwich at a restraunt called Dreamland.. a lot of times i'll go pick up a personal pan pizza at pizza hut, its good, fast, and close to my office. can't wait to get in my apartment so that i can start eating healthier and at home.

after lunch, it seems like time flies by and it's 5 o'clock before i know it. i usually pick up something to eat and come back to my office and watch something on netflix. can't believe i've finished the last episode of 24,  so the last couple of shows i've watched was Jerry Mcguire and the chronicles of Indiana Jones.

i'm still reading the Bible and just finished the book of Phillipians. i'm praying everyday and everynight to keep following God so that i can be with my family all the time. it's great to be closer to them and i know in my heart that God has a plan for them to be with me.

next friday is my moving in day and i'm also planning on taking ken's trailer back to him on saturday and picking up my car.