Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Office Hours

he loves going to my office.. he'll say, "hey dad how 'bout we go to your work?" or he'll say, "I think we need to go to the office after you pick me up from school".

when we get off the elevator, he takes off like a race horse to beat me to the door of my office and sometimes he'll duck into the break room and hide from me till i walk by and then he'll jump out to scare me.

it's Tuesday night and "the guys" are on their way to hang out at dad's office. Noah knows his way around and especially has a handle on taking care of pushing all the buttons to get the to third floor. there are two elevators side by side and we always play a game of each of us picking one to stand in front of to see if our elevator wins. then it's always a race to see who will push the button once inside. it's a win win for me because when he wins, i win too ;-)




this like guy likes his routines. he's so funny, when we walk into the office, he always checks out the closet and puts his jacket in there, then he plays with his trucks in the floor, while "his" computer boots up. While he's taking care of his trucks, i get him logged in to netflix and get his chair all fixed up. he eases back in the chair, slips on his headphones, and watches dinosaur train, mickey mouse, or another one of his cartoons.

i'll be sitting in my chair with my headphones on and after a while i'll look over at him and give him a little wave and he'll smile real big without saying a word and give me little wave back. then we both act like we shoot each other with a pretend pistol before he goes back to watching his movie.

going to the office with him is precious times and i can't begin to say just how much we both enjoy ourselves.