Monday, February 4, 2013

Superheroes are so cool!

Terrie and I love taking Noah to the park. It's a beautiful thing to watch our son have so much fun. Of course, while I was using my one-handed-camera-taking-powers to take this snapshot, our beautiful super hero, who at the moment loves pretending to be Captain America, is hiding inside the playground climbing gym waiting for me to come find him.

Noah and I both use several aliases.. usually when we first get to the park, i transform into a gorilla that is focused on chasing noah/superhero all thru the playground, until he recognizes that he should use some of his super powers. usually he remembers to use his pretend blow-darts to shoot at me (from indiana jones - raiders of the lost ark). then he immediately goes into shooting me with his pretend bow and arrow (green arrow superhero) then he transforms into a superhero he calls "the green lantern" which in his imaginative reality is really the "hulk".

Yesterday we were walking from the parking lot to the playground and he said, when we got to the playground he was going to be Captain America so I asked him who could I be.. and he said, uh.. you can be spiderman.. so i quickly used my hand with fingers gesture to shoot an imaginative spiderweb on him and he thru up his hands on his face and said ugh.. as though he had something on him.


Some of his top favorite things to do are: pulling our shirts off, poking out his chest (like the big russian guy in (indiana jones - lost ark - airplane scene) and wrestling on his bed, racing me down the walkway in front of our apartment, chasing me with his pretend blow darts and bow and arrow, hooking things up with a chain or rope on the back of the truck, playing kickball in our pj's down the hallway, but i think when it's all said and done, his all time favorite is digging in the dirt. it seems that imagination pours from him when he sits down to play in the dirt. it's a beautiful thing!