Thursday, February 24, 2011

Something on the Horizon

God makes beautiful things... last weekend when i went to see noah and terrie, we decided to drive on down to dauphin island to see the water.

i have to say that noah has the cutest toes i've ever seen and to see him running barefoot in the sand was a beautiful sight. he is so loving and brings so much joy to me and terrie.

while we were walking along the beach, it felt as though God was walking beside us, confirming our relationship with each other and with Him.

i can't explain the peace that God has given me concerning my walk with Him and my family. every so often God says, "Now let me show you what I can do"... He never ceases to amaze me when He rolls back the clouds. i can say with confidence that my storm has passed.

i started reading my Bible a few weeks ago, and so far i've read Proverbs, Ecclesiates, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jerimiah, Lamentations, and now i'm almost halfway thru Ezekiel. in all my life i've never experienced what i'm feeling when i'm reading the Bible. it's as though God is actually talking to me and when i finish reading, it's like i've been washed clean and saved all over again.
it's a good feeling to be friends again with my Savior. i've missed him over the past few years. i know He never left me even though i wasn't listening or talking to Him. He was patient and long suffering with me. He waited for me to exhaust all means of my will until i looked up in my distress and called on His name for help. it was in that very moment that His presence came flooding into my soul and lifted me out of the mire and freed me from chains of my sin and guilt.

there's nothing like being free. there's nothing like being a good man. there's nothing like walking with God. there's nothing like getting a gift from the Lord. my gift is my family and i am so excited to know what is coming in my life.